Max Lugavere’s debut book Genius Foods was groundbreaking, providing much-needed information on brain health that was embraced by thousands, and became an instant New York Times bestseller. His second book, The Genius Life, introduced an easy-to-implement protocol for strengthening your body and mind. This is the follow-up fans have been waiting for: the companion cookbook, filled with over 100 delicious recipes to help you lose weight, feel great, and reach optimum health.
Inspired by traditions from around the globe, the 100-plus recipes and stunning photographs in Genius Kitchen feature an international twist, with bold flavors that favor simplicity and quality of ingredients over complexity and quantity. In addition, Max lists the basic, healthy ingredients and tools that are essential for a well-stocked kitchen and pantry, and offers techniques and best practices for healthy cooking and eating well on a budget.
The ultimate kitchen resource and recipe bookOrder Now
What’s in it for you?
- 100+ recipes made using the most nutrient dense (and accessible) foods on the planet
- A mix of starters, main dishes, sides, and sweet treats to energize your mind and body
- A dogma-free guide to the best foods to buy and why—from oils, salts, herbs and spices to eggs, meat, fish, and dairy
- Money-saving tips to dramatically reduce food waste
- A guide to the least toxic cookware, tools and utensils
- Science-backed tactics to optimize digestion, maximize nutrient extraction, and stop common digestive complaints
- Plus 12 of Max’s best hacks to make shopping for healthy food on a budget a breeze
- And cooking tips that will impress any dinner guest from the Pope to your picky 2-year-old
"Here’s some “food for thought”…. Max Lugavere may well be a genius when it comes to explaining how foods affect us physically, mentally and emotionally. Thankfully, he knows a lot about how we can adjust the entirety of our lifestyles for better health, too. I feel smarter just reading Max’s book, and you will too."Rachael Ray, Television Personality and Best-Selling Author
“The human brain doesn’t come with an owner’s manual, but Genius Foods comes close—except that it’s also fun to read, and written in a way that anyone can understand.”Mark Hyman, MD, Director of the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine
“Max Lugavere has magnificently accomplished the task of bringing the leading edge of brain science to the table.”David Perlmutter, MD, Author, #1 New York Times bestseller Grain Brain and Brain Maker
“Genius Foods can help you reset your mental agility, cope with stress, battle brain fog, and even smack back dementia.”Mehmet Oz, MD, Professor, Columbia University
“Max Lugavere excels at making the complex subject of nutrition one that anyone can follow and apply in their own lives.”Maria Shriver, award-winning journalist and founder of The Women’s Alzheimer’s
“In Genius Foods, [Max Lugavere] has compiled the most masterful summary of nutritional science relevant to brain health that I have ever read.”William Davis, MD, Author of the Wheat Belly series and Undoctored
"Max Lugavere is one of the most thoughtful and intelligent people I know. He takes his research seriously and is driven by a sincere desire to discover the truths that lead to a joyful and optimized life. When he talks I listen."Tom Bilyeu, CEO and Host, Impact Theory